We've seen a few good movies lately and I thought I would recommend them to you. I'm not going to tell too much about the films because I don't want to give away any of the plots.
Jane Erye This is the PBS Masterpiece Theater version. Filmed in 2006. I rented it from Netfix thinking that Step
hen won't be interested and I would watch it by myself (Why I thought I would have time to watch it by myself baffles me. What was I thinking?). Surprisingly for the both of us, Stephen really enjoyed it. It is a 2 DVD film and Stephen was just as anxious as I was to watch the second part and find out the mystery. It had a wonderful cast and was beautifully filmed.
Dear Frankie. Good movie. Unexpected ending.

Duplicity. It's actually a current film still in theaters. I
t was fun and entertaining.
The Painte
d Veil. I really liked this one. It was interesting to look into this couple's marriage relationship. I enjoyed the themes of pride and forgiveness. It is a period piece filmed in China in the 1920s. It was artistically filmed, similar to The Illusionist (another filmed with Edward Norton I liked).
And last, but NOT least, Mama Mia!!! Loved, loved, loved it.
I am sure all of you have already seen this one. But this is a show that can be enjoyed over, and over again. I found myself smiling and chuckling the whole time. I thought the actors performed the ABBA songs brilliantly. They sang them just the way anyone, but ABBA should sing them--a little off pitch and with a lot of soul. Though Pierce Brosnan wasn't just a little off pitch. I have to admit I was uncomfortable watching him sing. It kind of gave me the creeps. Don't worry he only sings twice. And the second time isn't as uncomfortable. But aside from that, it was a fun, fun movie to enjoy.
hen won't be interested and I would watch it by myself (Why I thought I would have time to watch it by myself baffles me. What was I thinking?). Surprisingly for the both of us, Stephen really enjoyed it. It is a 2 DVD film and Stephen was just as anxious as I was to watch the second part and find out the mystery. It had a wonderful cast and was beautifully filmed.Dear Frankie. Good movie. Unexpected ending.

Duplicity. It's actually a current film still in theaters. I
t was fun and entertaining.The Painte
d Veil. I really liked this one. It was interesting to look into this couple's marriage relationship. I enjoyed the themes of pride and forgiveness. It is a period piece filmed in China in the 1920s. It was artistically filmed, similar to The Illusionist (another filmed with Edward Norton I liked).And last, but NOT least, Mama Mia!!! Loved, loved, loved it.
4 comments:
I recommend, though you've probably already watched it, is Chocolate. Also, School Ties, Lean on Me, and The Good Woman. That's all I've got for now. Let me know when you need more! I have the Painted Veil, now I just need to watch it.
um... why didn't anyone ever tell me the James Bond movies were 100% horrifying and disgusting?
Never, ever watch a new James Bond. That's all I got for you.
Love your list...gave me a few new ones to rent.
I really love School Ties also! I have it on VHS if you want to see it... Thanks for the list, I also hate wasting time watching garbage, I have not seen any of those, so I will have to check them out.
I recently enjoyed Under the Same Moon. From Blockbuster: "[T]his drama centers on a young boy's journey across the U.S./Mexico border to be reunited with his mother. Adrian Alonso stars as Carlitos, a Mexican adolescent living with his grandmother while his mother works as a maid in the U.S., hoping someday to send for her child. But when the grandmother dies unexpectedly, Carlitos must sneak across the border and seek out his mother."
Post a Comment